Lamby Slippers

Lamby Slippers
These are the Lamby slippers. They go many places and serve me well.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Terry and I decided (well, I decided) to try "tie" dying our Easter eggs this year.  A few days ago we went to the Goodwill and picked up several 100% silk ties.   Some turned out fantastic and some not so good.  This is definitely a project I would do again.  Fun, fun, fun!
Terry is "blowing" out the eggs, so we will be able to preserve them for years to come.  We wrapped each egg in a piece of silk tie, then in a piece of cotton and used a "twisty" tie to secure






I put the eggs in my pasta pot with my colander on top of it and a big rock inside the colander to keep the eggs from floating.  Worked very well.


The eggs were twist-tied together in groups of three then held together with some yarn.  Not sure this was a necessary step.  I couldn't hardly stand the wait for them to cool down for the big reveal!

Here's the first one.  The dark spots are a lovely purple.
Both of these are pretty cool!

Here's all the finished products (except one poor one that didn't make the boil). 

1 comment:

  1. such a wonderful time to spend together - the eggs are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete