Lamby Slippers

Lamby Slippers
These are the Lamby slippers. They go many places and serve me well.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Does Air Exist?: Why I Married a Stranger

As a kid (and now adult) from Oregon City, the "Kissers" were always a strange, fascinating group of people that we as "outsiders" whispered and wondered about.  They were formally called "Followers of Christ" but were well-known to the town by the slang term above.  On Facebook, I subscribe to a post called "You know you're from Oregon City if" and today I was lucky enough to find a post by Suzanne Shumaker.  She grew up in the "Followers of Christ" church and eventually left the church.  She is working on her memoirs as her thesis project but currently has a great blog with exerpts of her story that I've posted the link to below.  What an interesting story she has!  Check it out and I'm sure you, like me, will be anxiously anticipating her book.

Does Air Exist?: Why I Married a Stranger: “Please God, let something – anything – happen to me. Anything. I don’t care if it’s good or bad, please let something happen.” I’m w...

No comments:

Post a Comment